ABOUT STG > Safety & Security
Seattle Theatre Group utilizes walk-through metal detectors at the entrances to all three of its venues—The Paramount, Moore and Neptune Theatres. The installation is meant to effectively enhance patron safety at each venue by providing an efficient screening process. Preexisting security measures, such as bag inspections, remain intact.
Seattle Theatre Group always seeks to meet national best practices regarding the safety of our guests. These measures require persons entering or reentering our venues to be screened by our onsite security personnel. Our staff utilizes equipment and practices similar to those in place at airports, concerts or sporting events. The screening process includes walk-through metal detectors and bag inspections. If you are unable to go through a metal detector or be wanded, you will be subject to a pat down before entering our venues.
While these procedures are designed with audience convenience in mind, it is highly recommended that guests arrive to these venues much earlier than they have in the past, to ensure a timely entry into the venue for the start of the performance.
The following items are not permitted to be brought in to any of our venues:
- Aerosol Cans
- Animals/Pets (except service animals)
- Audio/Video Recording Equipment
- Balloons, Beach Balls or related items
- Battery-operated clothing or blankets
- Cans, Bottles, Glass or containers (empty plastic water bottles are allowed)
- Chains, Studded Bracelets, etc.
- Use of Cigarettes, Marijuana, Vape Pens, etc.
- Coolers or Ice Chests
- Glow Sticks
- Illegal Drugs and/or paraphernalia
- Laser Pens and Pointers
- Noisemaking Devices: whistles, air horns, etc.
- Outside Food, Beverages, Bottled Water, etc.
- Pamphlets, fliers, handbills (unless previously approved)
- Professional Photography Equipment (unless previously approved)
- Poles/Sticks to display flags, banners, etc.
- Signs, banners, flags, etc.
- Skateboards, Rollerblades, Bikes, etc.
- Weapons of any kind: pepper spray, tear gas, handcuffs, stun guns, etc. See below.
- Any other item deemed inappropriate by Theatre Management.
Weapons are not allowed at STG Theatres, regardless of any licenses or permits. This includes fire arms, pepper spray, tasers, knives and other threatening objects of any kind (determined at the discretion of our security staff). Patrons who attempt to bring such items into our venues will be asked to return them to their vehicle. STG will not hold or be responsible for any such items. Unattended items left outside the facility doors will be discarded to ensure patron safety.
Patron Code of Conduct
Seattle Theatre Group® is committed to maintaining a safe, comfortable and enjoyable entertainment experience in each of our venues. Patrons and guests have the right to expect an environment where:
- Patrons will be treated in a consistent professional and courteous manner by all venue personnel.
- Patrons will consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. Intervention with an impaired or underage guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Patrons who partake in disruptive behavior including fighting, bullying, throwing objects, negatively impacting other patrons or acting in any other harassing or offensive manner will be immediately ejected from the venue.
- Weapons are not allowed at STG Theatres, regardless of any licenses or permits. This includes fire arms, pepper spray, tasers, knives and other threatening objects of any kind (determined at the discretion of our security staff.) Patrons who attempt to bring such items into our venues will be asked to return them to their vehicle. STG will not hold or be responsible for any such items. Unattended items left outside the facility doors will be discarded to ensure patron safety..
- Patrons who are found to be damaging or destroying STG property will be immediately ejected from the venue and will be held responsible for repairs.
- Patrons will not be permitted to smoke in the theatres at any time; this includes e-cigarettes.
- Patrons will comply with requests from venue staff regarding facility operations and emergency response procedures.
- To ensure that everyone who enters our theaters has an enjoyable experience, we encourage prompt reporting to staff of any inappropriate behavior or suspicious activity, including unattended bags.
Theatre staff may intervene where necessary to help ensure that the above expectations are met, and guests are encouraged to report any inappropriate behavior to the nearest security guard or other staff member. Guests who choose not to adhere to these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund and may also be in violation of city ordinances resulting in possible arrest and prosecution. Thank you for adhering to the provisions of Seattle Theatre Group® Patron Code of Conduct.
Social Media Commenting Policy
We are pleased to offer our community an opportunity to share diverse opinions and varied points of view on our social media pages - in fact, we encourage it! Our goal is to build community through the arts and, as such, we do require that all comments follow a few basic standards. Comments that are threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or racist will be removed. We require that all comments are free from profanity and hate speech. All comments should be relevant to the post and remain respectful of other commenters. We moderate and delete comments and posts to our pages and in our events as we see fit.