Education & Community Engagement > Community Advisory Group
Seattle Theatre Group's Community Advisory Group (CAG) creates and holds space for the greater Puget Sound BIPOC, LGBTQ+, Disabled and/or Neurodivergent Communities to gather and converse; empowering individuals to participate, share knowledge and support the art they want to experience; thereby making STG venues and programs safe and accessible for all.
Seattle Theatre Group is greatly indebted to those who participate and share their knowledge, stories and passion for the arts.
- Maintain and grow STG’s relationships with communities in a sustainable and genuine manner.
- Provide a place where artists and arts supporters can collaborate, create, and grow their artistic connections.
- Receive feedback on potential curated and programmed STG events and how these events can serve and best impact community.
- Share mutual resources based on needed support including: space, art industries mentorship, gear, materials, and promotion.
- Understand how we can make STG a safe and accessible space for community members to engage in a meaningful way where desired - whether it's as audience members, patrons, participants and students, artists, crew, and/or office staff.
- Facilitate a place for difficult, honest, and open conversation within the scope of arts and with a position of respect.
ALL PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE
- Invitations to Community Engagement events. STG's core Education & Community Engagements events can be found here
- Special invitations to community conversations, meet the artist events, pre/post show discussions, and master classes
- Invitations to Fine Arts Season Engagement events
- A stipend, for meetings attended
GUIDELINES FOR MEMBERSHIP
- 1 year term, with the possibility of up to 2 term extensions
- Greater Puget Sound region resident
- Black, Indigenous and People of Color, LGBTQ+, Disabled and/or Neurodivergent community members
- Parents, teachers, artists and arts supporters
2022-2023 Community Advisory Group Members
Interest & Contact
If you are interested in participating in STG's Community Advisory Group for the 2022-2023 season or have questions, please fill out this survey.
Note that any new members would start in October 2022.