Education & Community Programs > Broadway Programs
- Special Projects
- Broadway Dance Programs
- Beyond The Pit
- Behind The Scenes Tours / Meet The Cast
- Beyond The Curtain
BROADWAY INCLUSION PROGRAM
DIGITAL EDUCATION PROGRAM: LAS HISTORIAS VERDADERAS
SENSORY-FRIENDLY PERFORMANCE - Disney's FROZEN
We are presenting a sensory-friendly performance of Disney’s FROZEN! Sensory-friendly performances are designed in a supportive and judgement free environment for families. Learn more about sensory-friendly performances here.
STG/MCP IN HOSPITALS
Seattle Theatre Group (STG) and Melodic Caring Project (MCP) joined forces to provide a program that serves families and patients from the comfort of their hospital room or home. This program helps provide access to families in need.
STG/MCP in Hospitals provides the following:
- A livestream backstage tour hosted by a Broadway cast member. Patients get to see: set, props, costumes and other magical bits from a Broadway show.
- Patients are visited by cast members from a Broadway touring show to their hospital and in some cases, to their hospital room (arranged by STG/MCP and hospital)
- Patients and family members who are able to engage are invited to a sing-a-long at their hospital with the cast from a Broadway show.
- Families and patients able to attend are invited to a Broadway performance at no cost.
- Families and patients are provided with swag from a Broadway show.
2017-18 STG/MCP in Hospitals with Disney’s Aladdin
2018-19 STG/MCP in Hospitals with Disney’s The Lion King
2019-2020 STG/MCP in Hospitals with Disney’s Frozen – Program Confirmed
POWER OF HORSES
Through a grant received by the Broadway League in 2013, Power of Horses programing was created. Watch all three episodes below!
STG presented Hamilton and provided two student matinee performances for Title I high school students on March 8 & 14, 2018. Students who attended paid $10 and worked on educational materials. Read more about EDUHAM in The Seattle Times and in Seattle Magazine!
DEAR EVAN HANSEN
(Digital Education Program: Power to Inspire)
STG launched a new initiative in partnership with the show Dear Evan Hansen called “The Digital Education Program (DEP): Power to Inspire.” Schools from Washington attended a student matinee performance on January 24, 2019. Students paid $10. Each student had to complete an educational art project. To see projects, click here (PDF). Read more about Dear Evan Hansen in a story from KOMO news.
BROADWAY DANCE PROGRAMS
Broadway at Kent
Photo from Broadway at Kent’s workshop for Summer: The Donna Summer Musical at Kent Senior Center
STG's Broadway at Kent is a workshop program in partnership with the Kent Senior Center, Kent Library and Seattle Theatre Group. Dancers of all skill levels and ages are invited to take classes inspired by Broadway shows being presented at The Paramount Theatre. These classes are taught by local STG artists and not by a company member from the show.
Join us for the remaining 19-20 Broadway at Kent workshops! Broadway @ Kent Workshop Leaders (PDF)
Disney’s Frozen at Kent Library - Register here!
- Sunday, January 26th, 2020 from 2:00pm-3:30pm
- Taught by Faith Howes and Aishé Keita
THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG at Kent Library
- Sunday, March 22nd, 2020 from 2:00pm-3:30pm
- Taught by Anuhea Brown
THE BOOK OF MORMON at Kent Library
- Sunday, April 19th, 2020 from 2:00pm-3:30pm
- Taught by Brad Walker
ANASTASIA at Kent Library
- Saturday, May 16th, 2020 from 2:00pm-3:30pm
- Taught by Samantha Canela and Rachel McKinney
MEAN GIRLS at Kent Library
- Sunday, July 26th, 2020 from 2:00pm-3:30pm
- Taught by Faith Howes and Ayanna Omar
BEYOND THE PIT
Photo with Adam McDonald, Music Director from WICKED
BEHIND THE SCENES TOURS / MEET THE CAST
BEYOND THE CURTAIN
Want to customize a theatre workshop or residency at your school for one of the Broadway shows? Looking for an assembly? STG can provide one or multiple visits.
Finally: follow us on Facebook!