Education & Community Programs > Sensory-Friendly + Inclusive Performances
- Upcoming Sensory Friendly-Performance
- What Is A Sensory-Friendly Performances
- Inclusive Performances
- Past Events
Disney’s ALADDIN Sensory Friendly Performance
Discover a whole new world at Disney’s ALADDIN, the hit Broadway musical.
From the producer of The Lion King comes the timeless story of ALADDIN, a thrilling new production filled with unforgettable beauty, magic, comedy and breathtaking spectacle. It’s an extraordinary theatrical event where one lamp and three wishes make the possibilities infinite.
Character Guide for Disney's ALADDIN coming soon!
Social Story for Disney's ALADDIN coming soon!
Scene Breakdown for Disney's ALADDIN coming soon!
Bluey's Big Play Sensory Friendly Performance
Sunday, January 21, 2024 at 3pm.
The Paramount Theatre
Buy Bluey's Big Play Tickets
WHAT IS A SENSORY-FRIENDLY PERFORMANCE?
Sensory-friendly performances are designed to provide a supportive and judgment-free environment for people affected by sensory processing challenges so they may enjoy the shared experience of live theatre.
• ASL available for this performance
• Lower sound level
• Lights remain on at a low level in the theatre during the performance
• A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience
• Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
• Designated quiet and activity areas within the theatre
• Space throughout the theatre for standing and movement
• Guidance and sensory supports (fidgets, earplugs, noise cancelling ear-muffs) available in the lobby before the show
• Audience members are welcome to bring their own manipulatives, seat cushions, comfort objects, and extra support items to the show
• Use of tablets, smart phones, and other electronic devices can be used with headphones during the performance
• Extra staff and volunteer support
• STG staff trained to be inviting and accommodating to families' needs
• Specialized therapists will be assigned to every floor to support families in need
Please check back for more information. We will update this page as more details are confirmed. Thank you!
WHAT IS AN INCLUSIVE PERFORMANCE?
An inclusive performance is a welcoming space for all patrons with or without neurodivergent needs. No patron will be asked to leave the performance due to sound, movement or behaviors related to differing cognitive/developmental abilities. This will be a judgement-free environment.
- Designated quiet and activity area within the theatre
- Guidance and sensory supports (fidgets, earplugs, noise cancelling ear-muffs) available in the lobby before the show
- Audience members are welcome to bring their own manipulatives, seat cushions, comfort objects, and extra support items to the show
- STG staff trained to be inviting and accommodating to families' needs
- Specialized therapist will be assigned to your seat section.