Education & Community Programs > Sensory-Friendly Performances
Disney's FROZEN Sensory-Friendly Performance
We are happy to announce that we are scheduled to present a sensory-friendly performance of Disney’s FROZEN!
Save The Date
Saturday, February 22, 2020 at 2:00 pm
The Paramount Theatre in Seattle
Tickets will go on sale in Fall 2019!
Sign up to receive future sensory-friendly updates here!
WHAT IS A SENSORY-FRIENDLY PERFORMANCE?
Sensory-friendly performances are designed in a supportive and judgment-free environment for families and friends with family members affected by sensory issues to enjoy the shared experience of live theatre.
• ASL available for this performance
• Lower sound level
• Lights remain on at a low level in the theatre during the performance
• A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience
• Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
• Designated quiet and activity areas within the theatre
• Space throughout the theatre for standing and movement
• Guidance and sensory supports (fidgets, earplugs, noise cancelling ear-muffs) available in the lobby before the show
• Audience members are welcome to bring their own manipulatives, seat cushions, comfort objects, and extra support items to the show
• Use of tablets, smart phones, and other electronic devices can be used with headphones during the performance
• Extra staff and volunteer support
• STG staff trained to be inviting and accommodating to families' needs
• Specialized therapists will be assigned to every floor to support families in need
Please check back for more information. We will update this page as more details are confirmed. Thank you!
Special thanks to major supporters of the sensory-friendly performance:
Finally: follow us on Facebook!