Education & Community Programs > Sensory-Friendly + Inclusive Performances
WHAT IS A SENSORY-FRIENDLY PERFORMANCE?
Sensory-friendly performances are designed to provide a supportive and judgment-free environment for people affected by sensory processing challenges so they may enjoy the shared experience of live theatre.
• ASL available for this performance
• Lower sound level
• Lights remain on at a low level in the theatre during the performance
• A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience
• Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
• Designated quiet and activity areas within the theatre
• Space throughout the theatre for standing and movement
• Guidance and sensory supports (fidgets, earplugs, noise cancelling ear-muffs) available in the lobby before the show
• Audience members are welcome to bring their own manipulatives, seat cushions, comfort objects, and extra support items to the show
• Use of tablets, smart phones, and other electronic devices can be used with headphones during the performance
• Extra staff and volunteer support
• STG staff trained to be inviting and accommodating to families' needs
• Specialized therapists will be assigned to every floor to support families in need
Please check back for more information. We will update this page as more details are confirmed. Thank you!
WHAT IS AN INCLUSIVE PERFORMANCE?
An inclusive performance is a welcoming space for all patrons with or without neurodiverse needs. No patron will be asked to leave the performance due to sound, movement or behaviors related to differing cognitive/developmental abilities. This will be a judgement-free environment.
- Designated quiet and activity area within the theatre
- Guidance and sensory supports (fidgets, earplugs, noise cancelling ear-muffs) available in the lobby before the show
- Audience members are welcome to bring their own manipulatives, seat cushions, comfort objects, and extra support items to the show
- STG staff trained to be inviting and accommodating to families' needs
- Specialized therapist will be assigned to your seat section.
Disney's FROZEN: Sensory-Friendly Performance
We are happy to announce that we are scheduled to present a sensory-friendly performance of Disney’s FROZEN!
Save The Date
Saturday, February 22, 2020 at 2:00 pm
The Paramount Theatre in Seattle
ASL tickets are also available for this performance. Purchase ASL tickets here!
If you have an immediate family member who has a diagnosis of autism and you need financial assistance to purchase tickets, please submit an application to Ben's Fund here.
22nd Annual DANCE This: Sensory-Friendly Performance
We are proud to announce a sensory-friendly performance of STG’s 22nd annual DANCE This. Local and nationally-recognized artists share their culture through dance! Save the date for Thursday, July 9, 2020 at 1:00 pm at The Moore Theatre in Seattle. Learn more + book tickets here.
Special thanks to major supporters of the sensory-friendly performance:
Finally: follow us on Facebook!