SUPPORT > Donate
STG will experience a shortfall of $15M if we are able to reopen in January of 2021. That shortfall only increases if our closure continues past that time. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to STG today.
We are grateful that our reserve fund and a PPP loan helped STG keep 200+ regular staff and teaching artists employed through July 15, 2020. However, on July 16,2020, we began operating with a 70% reduction in staff as a necessary and painful step towards conserving our resources.
The remaining staff have quickly pivoted to continue our Education & Community Programs in a digital format and are currently serving community members through twelve Digital Access Programs. Additionally, staff are continuing to work on critical facility maintenance and preservation projects at the historic Paramount, Moore, and Neptune Theatres. For example, at The Paramount alone, we are eagerly repairing the flat floor system and hope to also repair auditorium plaster, the marquee roof, and much more. Staff are also exploring creative and unique opportunities to engage patrons in small group and online settings.
Since March 2020, our programming team has had to cancel or postpone over 265 engagements (amounting to over 300 performances). They continue to program engagements into 2021 with an eagerness to gather when it's safe to do so.
We are also taking a hard look at all aspects of our organization, our impact, our racial equity work, and how we can better live up to our aspiration to be The People's Theatre, where all are welcomed and represented.
Financial contributions will be necessary in order for us to provide important Education & Community Programs, address long overdue repairs, find new ways to inspire and entertain during the closure, and ensure our venues are busier than ever when it’s safe to open, all while working towards new social justice initiatives.
A few additional points we would like to share with you:
• STG cares for three historic theatres, The Paramount (1928), The Moore (1907), and The Neptune (1921).
• Prior to this crisis, STG performances and programs provided jobs to over 800 people, including 81 Teaching Artists.
• In order to help our community stay connected to learning, inspiration, and healing through the arts during this difficult time, we evolved many of our impactful Education & Community Programs to a digital format, primarily to support students, seniors, and vulnerable or marginalized populations.
• Over the past two performing arts seasons, we issued over 1 million tickets and provided over 900 opportunities to engage with our Education and Community Programs.
• STG is a vital part of Seattle’s cultural landscape. Based on our 2018/2019 season ticket sales and the Broadway League's formula for determining economic impact, STG's typical impact is greater than $200M each year.
Thank you for your support. When this intermission comes to an end, the experience of a live performance will feel more powerful than ever. We can’t wait to welcome you back!
STG is the people’s theatre. All are welcomed and represented.
STG is so much more than the shows on our stages. Our mission is to create enriching experiences in the arts, engage diverse communities, and steward historic theatres. We present over 700 events annually at the Paramount, Moore, and Neptune Theatres, as well as at venues and community spaces throughout the region. Our programming includes Broadway, concerts, theatre, dance, and film, catering to a broad range of audiences. Additionally, STG offers over 200 opportunities annually to engage with master classes, professional mentorships, youth enrichment programs, access initiatives, free community events, and more. Please consider supporting the vital, life-changing work of STG today.
Check out Your Dollars at Work to see how far your support goes.
All donors ($25+) receive these standard benefits:
- DONORS-ONLY TOUR OF THE PARAMOUNT THEATRE – Tours happen multiple times a year, invitations will be emailed
- THEATRE MARQUEE STICKER PACK – die cut vinyl stickers of all three theatre marquees
- SUBSCRIPTION TO STAGES – STG’s monthly donor newsletter with insider news, special invitations, and more.
Additional benefits by giving level are outlined below, with new benefits per category in BOLD.
Questions about supporting STG?
Seattle Theatre Group® is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Your gift is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.