SUPPORT > Legacy Giving
Did you know that you can significantly support Seattle Theatre Group® today without impacting your current lifestyle?
Planned giving is an opportunity for you to tailor your donation and preserve STG’s mission into the future, ensuring diverse performing arts, historic theatres, and arts education thrive for generations to come. Planned gifts can provide you with important reductions in estate and income taxes, while maintaining or even increasing income from the donated assets involved.
There are many ways you can structure a planned gift, including a bequest of appreciated securities, life insurance or a retirement account, or the establishment of a charitable remainder trust, charitable lead trust or charitable gift annuity. Examples include:
- Remember STG in your will or living trust: Sample Bequest Language (pdf).
- Designate STG as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), bank or investment account, or other asset.
- Make your gift with appreciated securities. Current tax law provides certain tax benefits for gifts of appreciate securities.
- Make a gift of life insurance: Legacy Gift Planning - Life Insurance (pdf).
Let us know of your gift by completing our Legacy Gift Notification Form (pdf). Your legacy gift allows you to opt into the Ida Cole Society.
Annual Fund or Endowment
If you'd like to make a gift today, please consider appreciated stock or other assets, which may provide a potential income tax benefit for you. You can give to either:
- The Annual Fund for STG's ongoing operations, or
- The Endowment, where your donation will be held in perpetuity with earnings directed towards our three-pronged mission: To create enriching experiences in the arts, engage diverse communities, and steward historic theatres. See Gift Acceptance Policy (pdf).
We recommend you speak with a financial advisor to determine the most beneficial giving opportunities give your assets and current tax law. We hope to include your legacy in Seattle Theatre Group's future!